If you're looking for D.J.'s "The Island" which contains his 1000+ one-liner memories, it's now located in DJWiki. We invite
you to add to the wiki by sharing your comments, memories, etc. on any of the one-liner memories. Thanks!
D.J.'s Favorite Quotes (from his Facebook page):
"Of all that money that ere I spent, I spent it in good company. Of all the harm that ere I did, at least it was to none but me. And since it falls unto my lot that I shall rise and you shall not, I'll gently rise and softly call good night and joy be with you all." - Irish toast
"What's a sundial in the shade?" - Ben Franklin
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday" - Craig Ferguson
This website was created to:
- help remember and honor the life of Daniel James "D.J." Tamer.
- provide access for his friends and family to the wonderful gifts that D.J. left with us,
including videos, pictures, activities, his own one-liner memories, etc.
- provide a means for his friends and family to communicate, share their stories, and add to the site's
content with their own videos, pictures, etc.
Contents of Site
This website consists of:
- The main page, which includes major announcements, important information, and links to the other parts of this website.
- Get Busy Living - a blog by his family providing news, stories, thoughts, etc., especially regarding our activities and events in honor of D.J.
- DJWiki - a wiki containing The Island and other information that can be added by anyone.
- Photos - contains not only photos that D.J. had in his 3x5 folder on his PC, but photos that others have shared as well.
- Videos - contains D.J.'s music videos, home videos of D.J. (and others), and new contributions (e.g., his godson's birthday videos)
- *The* Tamer Final Four Pool - A NCAA Basketball Tournament pool that D.J. annually conducted, and we're keeping it alive in his honor. He'll always have an entry, with Gonzaga to win every year (assuming they participate in the Big Dance).
- Laugh Olympic Results - originally housed on D.J.'s brother's website, but now seems more appropriate to keep here. We hope to have future Laugh Olympics (perhaps renamed for "modern" times).
- DJ Tamer Scholarship Fund information - still a work in progress but will contain announcements, applications, list of winners, etc.
Daniel "D.J." Tamer, 24, Fishers IN, died of natural causes while running on October 18, 2006. He was born August 15, 1982 in Indianapolis to Janet C. (Schuckman) and Gregory G. Tamer, Sr.
D.J. graduated from Lawrence North High School as Valedictorian of the Class of 2000, where he ran Cross Country and Track. He attended Purdue University and received his Bachelor of Arts with Highest Distinction (4.0 GPA) in 2004 and a Masters Degree in Business Administration as a Krannert Scholar (4.0 GPA).
While at Purdue, he was a member of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity and played Intramural Baseball, Football, and Ultimate Frisbee. D.J. was a member of Holy Spirit at Geist Catholic Church, founded the Tambeau Wiffle Ball League, and was an avid sports fan, especially of the Bulls, Packers and Mariners. Visitation will be held Friday, October 20 from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Chapel, 9900 Allisonville Rd., with a Mass of Christian Burial Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at Holy Spirit at Geist Catholic Church, 10350 Glaser Way, Fishers.
D.J. is survived by his parents, Greg Sr. and Jan Tamer; brother, Greg Jr. (Angela); sisters, Amy Tamer (Matt Seeds), Mary Fellows (Donnie); nephew and godson, Charlie; niece, Annabelle; and grandmothers, Ruth Mary Schuckman and Mary Elizabeth Tamer.
Memorial contributions may be made to the DJ Tamer Scholarship Fund.